The Elevator Control Box Puzzle (or 4 Patterns Puzzle) is a Mini-game that has to be solved.
Level - 24. Elevator (level)
- Control box on the wall at the left side of the Elevator.
- Click on the control box.
- An ornate metal panel with lights on.
- At the top of the panel is a vertical row of four indicator lights. These lights show the four floors that can be reached in the Castle tower. The floors that can be reached are as follows:
- Floor II Lobby
- Floor I Castle Bridge
- Floor 0 Elevator Stairway
- Floor -I Cellar
- At the bottom of the panel is a circle of eight lights with a red reset button in the middle. The lights have a series of lines connecting them together in various patterns. There are two small lightbulbs missing in the circle of eight lights.
- Each floor has a certain pattern of lights that has to be entered into the circle of lights arrangement. When a certain pattern of lights is entered on the control panel the Elevator will go to that floor.
- Main task: to get the elevator to move to all four floors.
- Specific tasks:
- Task 1 - to find the four patterns that will move the Elevator to all four floors.
- Task 2 - find the missing Small Lightbulb (3-pin).
- Task 3 - use the correct circle pattern to get to the Lobby at the top of the tower.
- Task 4 - find the missing Small Lightbulb (2-pin).
- Task 5 - use the correct circle pattern to get to the Cellar at the bottom of the tower.
- Task 1 - The four patterns are drawn in chalk on the wall of the Elevator next to the control box. The top pattern is hidden by a leaf of the large pot plant. Josef can move the leaf to see the pattern (a five-pointed star)
- Task 2 - Josef will have to take some soil out of the pot of the large pot plant and drop the soil on the floor. A Maintenance Robot will come out of a small access door and vacuum up the soil. If the player makes Josef pick up the Maintenance Robot he will shake the Maintenance Robot and the Small Lightbulb (3-pin) will fall out. The Small Lightbulb (3-pin) should be placed in the circle of lights on the control box panel.
- Task 3 - the five-pointed star pattern should be entered into the circle of lights. This will make the Elevator travel to the Lobby at the top of the tower.
- Task 4 - four new game Levels will have to be completed before the Small Lightbulb (2-pin) can be obtained. They are:
- After completing the two Mini-games in the Castle Level, the Mayor of Machinarium will give Josef the Small Lightbulb (2-pin). Josef should then return to the Elevator to complete this Elevator Control Box Puzzle mini-game. The Small Lightbulb (2-pin) should be placed in the circle of lights on the control box panel in the Elevator.
- Task 5 - the eight-pointed star pattern should be entered into the circle of lights. This will make the Elevator travel to the Cellar at the bottom of the tower.
- Access to six new Levels - (the Lobby, the Restroom, the Bomb, the Castle, the Cellar and the Dome)
- Using the four patterns all four floors of the tower can be travelled to at any time.
The following Mini-games in other Levels also need to be completed to obtain the two-pin lightbulb: